Thursday, October 29, 2009

Infrastructure


Hours go by and the only thing that makes me realize that so much time has passed is that my stomach is growling.  Weeding, planting fall seedlings, pulling out the last of the pepper plants and (finally) planting my Celeste fig tree and new blueberry bushes filled one glorious day last week.  It was a chilly, overcast day…but no matter, my father-in-law, Tom, and I hadn’t been in the garden much this month thanks to all the rain we have had.  The pups were with us and they were crazy!  Too many days cooped up in the house for them, too.  They kept us busy discovering new found “holes” in the brand new fencing…gaps where hills kept the wiring from meeting the ground and they were able to scoot underneath.  We filled the gaps with large rocks we’ve been using to make stone walls and pathways.  Foiled again!

The new water pipe is being laid with spigots in the pasture and inside the veggie patch, any day now.    I can’t wait to not have to haul water from the rented water tank, bucket by bucket!  And, the fencing is being stained black this week…it will look “finished”, at last.  Next week, more “infrastructure”, with my dad arriving to help build my chicken fencing and install the new coop!  I am anticipating the arrival of Le Regazze (The Girls, in Italian, as I have affectionately named my “flock”) with both excitement and anxiety.   7 days and counting…

No comments:

Post a Comment