Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Perfect Egg


Recently, I’ve been thinking (and blogging) about the fact that “The Girls” have yet to lay a single egg.  I’ve researched the hows and whys of egg production and have taken many suggestions to heart to encourage them to lay.

Today my routine was different.  Between the rain and the multitude of service folks in the house (locksmith fixing a broken lock, handyman painting a ceiling and the house cleaner) I didn’t get out to visit the chickens mid-morning like I usually do.  Then I ran out for an appointment and an errand so it was 5 p.m. before I went out to check on their food and water and give them their daily treat of mealworms.  I opened the door to the coop and realized the ceramic eggs I had put in their nesting boxes had all been pushed out.  But wait a minute…there’s still an egg in a nesting box…but it isn’t white like the ceramic ones…it’s brown…that’s because it’s a REAL egg!

Someone Laid An Egg! 

After months of anticipation and patience (ha!), the Perfect Egg has finally arrived! 


No comments:

Post a Comment